2/12/2006

Vivre the month of February!


I love the month of February.

Yes, for most of you it's a depressing time of the year. It's winter, it's cold, the ground hog signals 6 more weeks of winter (ugh!). At least there is Valentine's Day. Flowers, chocolate, gifts and a night en tête-à-tête! Cozy!

But Februrary in our family is birthday month, feast day's and lover's days, not metnion Crepe month. I know lots of people people who were born in February. That means that if you calculate, all these folks were conceived during the month of May when spring has sprung and renewal of life takes place. Le cercle de la vie.

While we Aquarians have flighty temperments and live the on-going emotional roller coaster, we do have our strong points: we love to color outside the lines, we hate to follow directions and we improvise quite well. Result: a new recipe every day (in my case)!

Anyway, if you are wondering where I've been the past few days it's been in Celebration City. Friday was my hubby's feast day, a lovely excuse to celebrate around a meal (très frnçais); Sunday was my Special Day (that endured the entire day) and of course today is Valentine's Day. Plus the week's not over.

Long Live February I say!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday. DO the French have Valentine's day or is that what we know as Bastille Day? (I don't speak French).

Sir Thinks-a-lot

3:48:00 PM  
Blogger Anne said...

Valentine's Day is a big day here in France. With a country that celebrates patron Saint Feast Days, i.e. the Saint MARK, or the Saint Paul there is no reason why they wounldn't recognize the saint Valentine... But they call it le saint valentin.

I heard on the radio yesterday that over 80% of the French population celebrate this day.

I say anything that can be commerically exploited (lover's Day, Chirstmas, Mother's Day...) will be celebrated in any first world country...

Thanks for the bday wish though you ARE two days late!

11:16:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, I did leave you a bday wish on your cell phone (on the correct day in question). I had to get through all of the ordering stuff though.

Sir Knows-a-lot

12:40:00 PM  
Blogger misschrisc said...

Happy late Birthday Anne. I just love aquarians btw! You guys are fun and interesting and usually wear colors like purple, right? But a whole house full of this must be a bit strange at times!

9:18:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home