2/16/2006

Blogging Blues, Highs and Lows

Yesterday, I prepared a nice food entry with recipe and art. The entry was typed in Word, saved and spell checked (grammar left to the wild but an improvement for moi!). Picture located and ready for uploading... We were invited to our English neighbor's last night for a meal (you know at teatime!).

With the husband and children standing at the door, ready to go (and the dog though she wasn't going anywhere), I begged tehm for just 30 seconds to post my entry. I type in www.blogger.com and I time out. Site not responding. ... UHG!!!! No way to access my blog. *sniffle*sniffle*

Blogging is a dangerous sport. It's addicting and theraputic at the same time. A very bad combination in my book because at one end you can't help but want to blog -that need to express yourself- and at the other end you would rather pass up on a good movie or special time with friends and family to blog-- kind of anti-social. But you don't care because you'd rather be blogging.

You can't really break away from it. You can't run it like a day job because you think about it incessantly. You've always got a half-written entry (on-going) in your mind. YOu can't wait to get to the computer to post a new entry. You know you'd rather be blogging.

Then real life sets in.

Jobs, kids, meals and husband get in the way. Do you sacrifice your job? A tête-à-tête with the love of your life or do you throw sleep to the underachievers?

I don't know.

But what I do know is that this blogger 'incident' is not my first and nor will it be my last. Take for example the fact that I've been trying to get a BlogRolling list going for two months without sucess! Blogger just won't post mine. (so if you are looking for a link on my blog to yours, and don't see it, it's not because I don't want to link to you, it's Blogger pretending to post it!)

Granted I've less talent with the computer and Internet than with a 1/2 dozen eggs and some leftovers, but still they make all that stuff 'Idiot Friendly'. I don't know.

I know I need to switch. I need to move on to something like Typepad. My blogging mentor is coming tomorrow. She'll have a lot on her plate this weekend.

Until then, I'll have to try and post early in the day.

That was the bad news. The good news (pour moi) is that my daughter running a significant fever, I don't have to work today. *Yippy* So what have I planned for the day?

Guess. Go on I dare you! You know Id'd rather be blogging.

*LOL*

5 Comments:

Anonymous Alison said...

I'll have a lot on my plate this weekend because:

a) we'll be cooking a lot of food and taking photos of it

b) I have to help you clean out your attic

c) you want me to help you get your blog house in order

d) all of the above

:)

12:23:00 PM  
Anonymous Alison said...

Oh, and I hope S. feels better soon.

12:24:00 PM  
Anonymous Ivonne said...

Excellent post! I've been blogging for about three months now and I'm definitely feeling that tension between regular life and night life ... which for me is blogging!

By the way, you may want to try Typepad as your blog host. I have nothing but wonderful things to say about the service!

3:07:00 PM  
Blogger Anne said...

Alison: S. feels fine despite strep throat and a fever of 39.5°C! That's like 103°F...! She's been to Dr. so she'll be fine. Thanks for the support!

I check all of the above. Plus you'll be pushing me to improve and enhance my blog so our work is cut out for us. Let not the wine gods tempt us away from our work... *hee-hee*

Ivonne, thanks. Blogging is such an emotional tug of war!

I love your blog and it's look. Alison uses Typepad and she says the same thing... I must say that yes, it looks like I'll be moving that way. I hope my readers will follow. à (me) suivre...

4:12:00 PM  
Blogger misschrisc said...

Yes it's very addictive. I actually have a notepad in my possession at all times for writing down blog entry ideas. Half of the scribbles in there mean nothing to anyone but me, and if the notepad were found after I had died in a tragic accident or something, it would lead people to believe I was a madwoman just as they'd suspected all along: "woman in blue trench with glasses"..."sign in train station..." "people who walk with hand behind back" , "b and me when we went to Lyon to get those really good pastries and also the place with the place with the jars of confit de canard"

It's a real madness!

9:28:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home