1/04/2006

Back in the Saddle

Yes, after a 3 week hiatus, I'm back. And with gusto.

Just because I haven't added any recipes to the blog in recent weeks doesn't mean that I haven't been cooking. Au contraire! I have been whipping up all kinds of new and exciting recipes using our products from Esprit de France Gourmet. (I promise to share some of them with you!!)

Also, I've been and gone (and now come back) to the States. Yes, this year my parents had an All-American Christmas. With my husband and children and my French parents-in-law in tow, we trekked back to Charleston, WV from Coulonges sur l'Autize, France, but not without a few incidents. (Those will be savored, bit by bit, at another time!)

This All-American Christmas included a fabulous, on-going, maybe never-ending buffet of mouth-watering recipes, dips, spreads, cookies, baked goods, meats and salads... (I told you it was an All-American Christmas!). Several pounds later and a New Year Resolution breathing giving me the Evil-Eye, I promise to share some Annified recipes from Jane's kitchen (that's my mom!) with you!

And to go on a diet and share those recipes with you too! (only the fun ones!)

And to finish that cookbook! (en fin!!!)

So for starters, one of my Esprit de France Gourmet Recipes.

Bon Appétit and Bonne Année 2006!

******************************************************

Broiled Monkfish

Nice and easy but elegant dish that will impress family or guests. Serve with Perfect Mashed Potatoes and Warmed Endive and Bleu Salad.

Serves : 4
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Broiling Time: 15 minutes

4 monkfish filets
2 teaspoons olive oil, Extra Virgin, separated
half a lemon
2 teaspoons Croque au Sel “Poisson” sea salt, separated
Freshly chopped parsley
Freshly cracked pepper
Freshly grated Parmesan cheese


Turn on broiler in oven. Rinse filets under cold water, pat dry with paper towel or clean dish towel; rub filets, front and back, with lemon juice; arrange on cookie tray or baking dish.

Drizzle each filet with olive oil; rub ½ teaspoon “Poisson” salt on each filet (or to taste); sprinkle with freshly chopped parsley, freshly cracked pepper and parmesan cheese.

Slide under broiler (leaving approximately 8 inches between broiler and fish) and broil for 10-15 minutes or until cooked through and brown.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So you're back with Gusto. What actually is gusto? Is it a French dish?

8:08:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home