5/12/2005

Creamy, Dreamy Carrot Soup

Creamy dreamy veggie soup is sooo easy and light. I have a carrot-a-holic in the family, Sydney (6 1/2 years old). As she says with her slightly French accent, "Mommy I loooove CAR- ROTS!". Very cute. Raw, grated, steamed, baked, sautéed, she'd eat the for breakfast if I served them!

We go out to eat and that's all she'll order, "I want car-rots, please!" (This is only valid for US restaurants, but she'll try in France and the waiters look at her like she's from another planet!)

Well, 'tis the season for "new" carrots, they're bright orange and smallish, but sweet and tender enough that you don't need to peel them. And that's just what I did (or, well, technically, didn't do).

Ok, so for creamy, carrot soup, sauté 1 large or 2 small onions in olive oil until translucent; add 4-6 cups chopped carrots; satué another few minutes stirring frequently. Cover with water (4-6 cups) until water covers carots; add 2-3 bouillon cubes (veggie or chicken), add a teaspoon of each: thyme and tarragon; cover and simmer for 20 minutes.

When carrots are soft, using hand blender or regular blender, blend soup to smooth. Optional: 2 tablespoons Half &Half; freshly chopped tarragon (2 tablespoons) for garnish.

Serve with warmed garlic bread, Texas toast. this makes a great meal for low energy nites where is cool and rainy and not enough sunshine during the day.

For a cmore complete meal add a Greens and Tomoato Salad with warmed (goat cheese) dressing and homemade banana bread with whipped cream for dessert.

(Ok, I'll add that dressing in another blog!)

3 Comments:

Blogger Allan said...

I love easy recipes. And this sounds very tasty.

Now where did I stow the boat motor?

2:16:00 PM  
Blogger Anne said...

This is soooo easy to make! It really is! And it's a bowl of "I love you!". snuggle up while the rain drizzles down and wind whips the willows.

And put the boat motor away! Fly first class tonight because I'm going for the hearty Indian lentil dahl stew tonite, with a herbed feta in olive oil and tomato salad... long live diets

2:46:00 PM  
Blogger Allan said...

By 'boat motor', I was referring to my immersion blender.

;)

11:34:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home