3/28/2005

Welcome Back!

Hi! Or should I say, "Bonjour"... For those of you "discovering" me for the first time, my name is Anne Dessens. For my readers, "I'MMMMMMMMMMM BACK!!" After an 18 month hiatus, I'm back to share my culinary tales and tidbits.

Let me take this introduction a bit further, the short but sweet version. I'm an American living in France, married to a Frenchman (and must mention our two energy-packed children) and food aficionado. No, I mean, I LOVE food. Let me reiterate that: I LOVE FOOD AND EATING! I spend many hours of my waking time, thinking about food, planning menus, mixing things up in the kitchen. I love to eat, I love to cook. I love to read about eating and cooking. I love to write about what I cook (the good, the bad, and the embarrassing-- I am not a proud cook).

For several years, I wrote weekly articles for the West Virginia's Charleston Gazette. Food articles with (at that time) precursory color digital art. Nowadays, everyone has a digital camera and food photography is very AVAILABLE. It's great! I love seeing other people's food or works of art. If a picture is worth a thousand words, I would say that today's color digital food art is worth a 1000 calories!

While my professional life has taken me away from my writing (you'll learn more about that as we build and bond together), this blog is about bringing it all back home again, coming back to what I love most: sharing wonderfully whipped up dishes bursting with life and that will fill your home with love. Because that is what food is about... telling people that you love them.

It is most fitting at this time to say a special thank you to the special person in my life that made this blog and new venue of culinary expression possible for me at a time in my life where I needed to reconnect to this nourishing personal pastime. Alison, Thank you, un grand merci. (I invite you to check out Alison's blog as she has been a friend and shoulder to lean on throughout the past decade --déjà! and another aspect of my eclectic personality.)

I would like to say bienvenu to AnneCuisine! To all my former and to all my new readers... Je vous aime...Anne

3 Comments:

Blogger Lulu said...

Welcome back to blogging. Ali sent me.

9:47:00 PM  
Blogger Lulu said...

You need an email link!
I have two blogs, one personal and one for recipes. The recipe one is http://kookykookbook.blogspot.com.
Check out Kiplog's food blog. He lists/links all food blogs that he finds. Looking forward to your recipes!

9:51:00 PM  
Anonymous lee said...

Anne, I can't wait for your wonderful site to bloom and fill me with the food I've been missing. Ali turned me onto you and I'm so excited. Good luck!
Lee

5:56:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home